2017 was yet another year of variety for wedding venues including:
- rustic country chateaux and elegant luxury chateaux
- chateaux sleeping 40 guests and chateaux just for 10
- wedding barns and courtyards
We revisited our exclusive partners at the Stunning Aristocratic Chateau and long-time friends at Chateau Malliac…
Were delighted to return to Chateau de Saint Paul and Chateau de La Bourlie…
And established new partners at Chateau La Gauterie.
We travelled to new regions with Esther and Kevin who got married in the Vendée, and once again, helped couples plan weddings at their own, or at their parents’ homes in France.
Our new Venue Finding Service went from strength to strength with couples from across the globe engaging our services. We helped them find their wedding venue in Paris, Provence, Bordeaux, the West Coast, the South and South West of France, as well as a beach wedding, and 3 of these wedding venues were booked from afar, without any visits. From the wedding venues search service:
- Total wedding venues found on initial searches 426
- Total wedding venues presented to couples 112
We are looking forward to carrying out more personalised venues searches in 2018 and sharing some of the amazing and hidden wedding venues that France has to offer.
For expert help on finding your wedding venue and making head or tail of costs, venue options and suitability, contact us here.
10% DISCOUNT ON WEDDING VENUE SEARCHES
BOOKED BEFORE 31ST JANUARY 2018
This beautiful Aristocratic Chateau sits atop a rocky outcrop overlooking the surrounding countryside, just 15 minutes from a large town.
Its large courtyard, raised pool and small vaulted basement make it a perfect venue for small and intimate weddings for up to 100 guests.
What we love…
We have worked in exclusive partnership with the Aristocratic Chateau for several years and couples and their guests never cease to be wowed by their first sighting of the chateau sitting high above them on the approach road. We really love the elegance of both the interior and exterior and the pool that sits way above the chateau.
If you are looking for original period charm and elegant architecture as the backdrop to your wedding, then look no further.
Wedding and Events
- Large courtyard ideal for ceremony, receptions (meals also possible for small numbers)
- Large gravelled area for dining and dancing under marquee or tent
- Pool higher up the hill with terrace suitable for drinks receptions, post wedding barbecues
- Series of vaulted, interconnecting, basement rooms making great dancing room or atmospheric dining room for small numbers
- Varied grounds including possibility of woodland wedding ceremony
- Large meadow – a great space for pre-and post wedding day get-together and activities
House and Services
- 10 bedrooms
- Sleeps up to 20
- Heated pool
- Daily maid service
- Meals can be provided for onsite guests (optional)
- Nearest church – walking distance
- Nearest village with amenities – 10 mins
- Nearest large town – 15 mins
- Nearest international airport – 10 mins
- Nearest overflow accommodation – walking distance / 5 mins
- Available all year
- Flexible arrival date and length of stay (excluding mid June – Mid September – Saturdays only)
- Flexible length of stay (excluding mid June- mid September – min 7 nights)
Contact us for more information
As this is my first blog I have brought together an overview of 2016, to show the diverse range of weddings we do in a year. Details of individual weddings will be posted either as blogs or in more depth in our storybooks that will follow soon. So let’s take a look back.
2016 was a year of contrasts that started with a welcome dinner that had a French bistro feel and ended with a rustic wedding in a beautiful stone barn.
In between, styles included classic and elegant, rustic, neon and vintage.
Couples came from across the globe, including Norway, Denmark, Australia, Canada, India and the UK. The smallest wedding was just 10 guests and wedding blessings were held on a boat, in church and at the venues.
Wedding reception venues included a Bordeaux vineyard, a Michelin starred restaurant, a hunting estate, a couple’s holiday home and an historic château.
There was a traditional Danish wedding cake, gastronomic meals, macaroon towers, afternoon teas and picnics. Accordionists, giant garden games, a comedian and even a jockey race… entertained guests.
French Wedding Company are proud to have helped to bring these dreams to fruition and we look forward to another year of celebration in 2017. Tell us your wedding day dream and ideal setting and together we will make it happen.